Delicious Chicken Teriyaki
10 mins prep time, 20 mins cook time
4 to 6 boned out skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 Tablesspoon of grated fresh ginger
3 Tablespoons of honey
1 Teaspoon sesame oil
Tablespoon of oil for cooking
Sliced spring onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Trim the chicken thighs of any fat and slice into strips, about 1cm wide.
- Whisk the soy, orange juice, grated ginger, honey, and sesame oil together till well mixed to create the marinade.
- Toss the sliced chicken around in the marinade, then cling wrap and leave to sit for at least 30 mins.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan till hot.
- Cook the chicken in batches using some tongs, lift chicken from the marinade and add to the oil, being careful as the oil may ‘spit’.
- Toss well and set the cooked chicken aside, keeping it warm.
- Add the remaining marinade to the pan and reduce it a bit until it is nice and saucy.
- Put the cooked chicken back into the pan and coat it all well.
- Serve on a platter and garnish with the spring onion and sesame seeds.